Well, it’s been a hot second since I’ve written a blog post. I feel like mothering a 3 month old is reason enough, so I’m not offering excuses. Just happy to have a moment to spend writing.
It’s been raining for legit almost 2 straight weeks here in the Twin Cities. The leaves are starting to turn, a pumpkin now graces our front stoop and the tea pantry is open for Autumn business. Ahh, Fall.
Over here at the old Brookes homestead, we’ve got 2 new beautiful trees in our backyard. Thanks to a generous grant, both were free and planted by volunteers! Mama likie! What a silver lining to the loss of a beautiful 100-year-old tree earlier this year. (Stinky emerald ash borer!) Looking forward to watching these li’l saplings grow.
And speaking of li’l saplings, someone is now 3 months old, weighing in at a stunning 14 pounds.
Aurora’s favorite things now that she is 3 months old include:
- “riding face out” when on laps or being held so she can look at everything
- batting at her fish toy, turtle and froggie (which are suspended from her playmat)
- kicking her legs (strong baby!)
- watching Baby Einstein, especially the puppets
- playing the “stick your tongue out” mimic game with Daddy
- smiling at people that interact with her
- anytime Mama lets her eat
- anytime Mama lets her sleep ON her, NOT laying flat
Chunky monkey is enduring some changes in routine. We’ve implemented a new sleep/eating schedule that will hopefully yield us some overnight sleep (for baby but especially for tired Mama!). It’s been a rough going over the past week as Rori protests the new normal. But she’ll get over it, and Mama will persist in breaking some bad habits Mama picked up as she was learning to be a new mom. We’ll get there. But man, it’s been ROUGH.
For now, Rori says,
And Mama patiently persists in forcing the following to happen anyway: